Garrett attempts to frequently be far removed as possible from PCSI.
Garrett is the individual in charge of designing, building, and programming the software and hardware for the process control systems for both conventional and VacDry vacuum kiln controllers. He also handles the website (see picture, below), internal IT needs, fields many technical support requests, and in general gets things done.
Garrett has more than 15 years experience in process control design and programming. He has a strong background in computers and IT, PLC programming, communication networks, project management, and support documentation and an extensive background in the assembly, troubleshooting, and installation of electrical components and process control systems.
He has expertise with WonderWare, Visilogic, Unitronics, DirectSoft, Partlow, and most modern operating systems and their associated hardware.
Crucial Facts about me
- Garrett is the "computer whisperer" and by merely touching your computer can cure it of all problems.
- Garrett prefers all communication be through email (he doesn't enjoy stenography).
- Garrett will do a "palm plant" (Ed. note: facepalm) if you ask him too many questions (LMGTFY).
- Garrett wonders if you tried turning it off, and then turning it back on again.
- Garrett enjoys a range of activities: motorcycling, refereeing for roller derby, gardening, music, and the great outdoors.
- Garrett is skilled in troubleshooting and promptly taking corrective action.
- Garrett is socially and environmentally conscious, attempting to embody "You must be the change you wish to see in the world".
Garrett is on a first name basis with most social networks, although only his LinkedIn profile is fit for public consumption.